Returning to the new normal
As the end of July fast approaches. Now is as good a time as ever to update everyone. At the same time it provides me with the opportunity to thank you all for your continued support.
The hard work and dedication of the staff has enabled continued delivery throughout lock down. Above all it has given us the opportunity to review our delivery methods. Our blended learning approach has been a great success. Furthermore it has given staff the opportunity to put in practice new teaching initiatives.
Our doors physically re open to ALL our students from Monday 7th September 2020 of course we wanted you to know how important your safety is to us. For students who require 1:1 support to complete their qualification prior to September your tutor will have been in touch to arrange a time and day to attend the centre during August.
“We’re in Safe Mode” is a campaign we have run ensuring your health, safety and welfare is of the upmost importance to us. We guarantee our compliance with the governments new Covid 19 secure guidelines:
- Reasonable steps have been taken to help people work at home
- We have carried out a Covid 19 risk assessment and shared the results with everyone who works with us
- All reasonable steps to maintain 2 metres social distancing in the workplace have been taken
- Where people cannot be 2 metres apart, we have taken all practical steps to manage transmission risk
- We have stepped up cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
Prior to returning to the centre all staff and students will be required to attend a short online induction session to ensure you are fully aware of the changes. Your tutor will contact you to arrange the session with you.
May I take this opportunity to thank all staff, employers and learners for your support during what have been unprecedented times. I look forward to seeing you all in September, in the meantime please stay safe and well.