Introduction to Music Production
2 days per week for 6 weeks delivered in our iMac suite in the The Secret Warehouse
Level 1 award in Music Technology
This course is a 6 week taster course covering working in the music industry, how equipment for sound and audio is used, using key sound and audio equipment and creating a simple sound or audio product.
This course is an introductory course for those who have an interest in music technology, taught by industry professionals. The course is individually tailored to focus on the skills and style of music that you are interested. Examples of skills taught include:
- Produce beats, sound and structure musical compositions
- Electronic music production and DJ-ing
- Studio operations and recording technology
- Set up and operation of equipment and software
- Music editing and microphone use
Costs and funding
This course is fully funded through Adult Education Budget for those over 19 years unemployed or earning less than the national living wage. Learners will progress onto a Level 2 Extended Diploma in Music Technology.