Mode Training is an Ofsted Grade 2 accredited Independent Training Provider. Arrangements for safeguarding are effective. All policy and procedures follow guidance in Ofsted Handbook , Keeping Children Safe in Education.and Working Together to Safeguard Children
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility
All staff has been recruited through our Safer Recruitment procedure and attend at a minimum annual training. We have robust systems and procedures with all staff fully utilising the My Concern platform to report any concerns.
The team consists of a Designated Safeguarding Lead and two Deputy Safeguarding Leads. And offering diversity to the learners and ensuring there is staff in the team learners can identify with and feel comfortable sharing their concerns. They all hold a Level 3 safeguarding qualification, as does the managing director.
Local Authority Designated Officer
Each local authority has a Local Authority Designated Officer. LADO
The criteria for LADO consideration is that the individual in a position of trust has
- Behaved in a way that has harmed a child or may have harmed a child.
- Possibly committed a criminal offence against or related to a child.
- Behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates he or she may pose a risk of harm to children; or
- Behaved or may have behaved in a way that indicates they may not be suitable to work with children.
The role gives all agencies a central point of contact for them to discuss and make notifications falling within the Local Authority Designated Officer threshold criteria.
Contact details for LADO across Liverpool City Region
- Liverpool Council LADO
- Knowsley Council LADO
- Sefton Council LADO
- Wirral Council LADO
- St Helens Council LADO
- Halton Council LADO
Other useful external links
- Liverpool Safeguarding Children Partnership
- Child Exploitation and Online Protection
- Liverpool Prevent Merseyside Police
- Action Counter Terrorism
If you think someone is in immediate danger you should call 999